MEET

It’s called Five Minute Friday. Each week, we write freely on a one-word prompt. Then we link up at the amazing Kate Motaung’s site. It’s a flash mob of writers- having fun and sharing their take on one word. This week’s prompt is MEET.

Kid eating and winking
Photo Source

Bacon, burgers, Thanksgiving turkey, filet mignon.

I love it all. I don’t know how vegetarians do it with their soy burgers and tofu…

It’s at the center of the table and the highlight of the meal. It’s at the heart of the grill and the way into the hearts of manly men.

Blood is spilled for it and and it brings life to our cells. Sport brings it to the table, and hunters raise it as their trophy.

It’s controversial and culinary.

It’s fashionable and fleshy.

It’s a meal and a medal.

So, when I read that tonight’s prompt was …

Oh, wait… Never mind. 🙂

15 thoughts on “MEET

1. Anita Ojeda May 7, 2015 / 9:26 pm

Oh. My. goodness! I’m laughing so hard I can scarcely type! (Just to assure you, I’ve been a vegetarian since birth and I’ve survived almost half a century and never felt deprived ;). Must go giggle and cackle some more. One of these days, Kate is going to make the prompt: Chocolate!

2. Tasha Medellin May 7, 2015 / 9:26 pm

This is hilarious! 🙂 Thanks for making me smile. Blessings to you from a new FMF friend! – Tasha

3. Marie May 7, 2015 / 9:36 pm

Love this! You could subtitle it, “Or, an Ode to Bacon.” 😉

4. Carrie May 7, 2015 / 9:47 pm

This was so fun to read! Great play on words! I love me some steak but two of my children are actually allergic to beef. However, I am thankful we can eat salmon, turkey, and chicken. Thanks for the fun read!

5. Jeanne Takenaka May 7, 2015 / 9:54 pm

Giggling right now . . . quietly, since I just got my “littles” into bed. I love your humor, Karen. And for what it’s worth, I could never, ever be a vegetarian. 🙂

6. Tara May 7, 2015 / 11:09 pm

I’m laughing out loud! Such a fun post!!

7. Debby May 8, 2015 / 7:21 am

You had me, Karen. Wondering how is she going to tie this in? Great take on it. Enjoyed the early morning laugh.

8. betsydecruz May 8, 2015 / 8:43 am

Karen, you are hilarious! Visiting you from #fmfparty even thought I didn’t post on meet today! You’re a crack-up. My daughter has recently gone vegetarian on me, and I’ve heard plenty of diatribes about the ills of “meet,” so your post is refreshing!

9. carol525 May 8, 2015 / 11:45 am

I’m a vegetarian and this brought a huge smile to my face and an outloud laugh by the end! Made my FMF day! 🙂